“Look at every path closely and deliberately, then ask ourselves this crucial question: Does this path have a heart? If it does, then the path is good. If it doesn't, it is of no use.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Sunday, April 22, 2007

It seemed like a good idea at the time

hello all,

This is just a little post to get some comments started about things that you have done in medicine as a medical student, resident, and/or attending that "seemed like a good idea at the time." This is really more for the humorous comments. I am not searching for things that was harmful to patients.

Thanks all in advanced. I just got back from one of the always restful family vacations to the wonderful Disney world. The place were everything starts in a line and ends at a cash register. Yeah, the was one of the moments for me.

1 comment:

Midwife with a Knife said...

Um... I gave thrombolytics for a hemodynamically compromising saddle embolus about 6 hours postpartum. The patient got better, and didn't die from the PE, but nearly bled to death from the TPA. (although she didn't).

What can I say, it seemed like a good idea at the time? (I'm actually not saying it wasn't a good idea, I don't know that I wouldn't have done it even knowing that she would bleed 2 L from the TPA. It's just that I didn't think she would bleed THAT badly.)