“Look at every path closely and deliberately, then ask ourselves this crucial question: Does this path have a heart? If it does, then the path is good. If it doesn't, it is of no use.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Congrats AM.......

“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." Christopher Robin speaking to Pooh
~A. A. Milne

There are some days I ask myself the question, "why do I do this?" The OR is a struggle. In clinic, patients are unappreciative. Insurances deny a study or questions your rationale for treatment. Referring physicians get upset because they did not receive a patient's consult note. At the end of the day, there is a stack of paperwork to be completed, school excuses, gym excuse, PT referrals, etc. It can be exhausting. So, why do it?

The other day I walked into my office. As I passed my secretary's desk, I asked, 'is the anything for me?" She said, "yes. AM called. She wanted you to know that she received her schools award for courage." I smiled.

That is why I keep coming back.

Congratulations AM. You ROCK.

“Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'”
~Mary Anne Radmacher

No comments: