“Look at every path closely and deliberately, then ask ourselves this crucial question: Does this path have a heart? If it does, then the path is good. If it doesn't, it is of no use.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Some interesting posts

I was reading through a few blogs this morning and came across these 2 interesting post and I thought they were worth sharing.

Why is a physician worth so much? Is it because we trained for so long and hard? Miamimed makes a great argument why that is not really the reason in his post There is no Direct Correlation Between Devoted Effort and Final Value.

In another post from the southern hemisphere, the land of Bongi and good rugby, there is a nice post by Karen Little on her site Just up the Dose. She addresses The Great Unknown. It is an honest look at medical knowledge. She quotes a book called The Dressing Station by Jonathan Kaplan.
All doctors have their ghosts...
For all of us - even the most dedicated and skilled - the dead pile up, the results of clinical decisions swayed by fatigue or hubris or blind bad luck.

One of my mantras is "I only know what I know." The other is "I have never seen that, but it may have seen me." I think these statements dove tail with her post. We will never know everything. Just do the your best with the knowledge you have and remember everyday is a school day.

And just a little something for the ruby fans our there. You know those from the southern hemisphere and UK.

THE HAKA


2 comments:

Bongi said...

we will be watching the rugby world cup with interest to see if ours truly is the land of good rugby

Someonect said...

i wish i could say the same for my country. i just hope we don't embarrass ourselves.